TripleClicks

Friday, January 25, 2008

Aren't we SO very lucky?

So many people chalk up " luck " to fate. I know that "luck" is anything but a simple coincidence. Have you ever really needed some extra cash and lo and behold, you find a $20 tucked inside the pocket of a jacket that you hadn't put on for months? Woo Hoo! What luck! .....WRONG!....

If our lives depended upon simple fate, then what a mess we would be in! God is instrumental in all of life's ups and yes, even downs. I am not saying that God MAKES bad stuff happen to us, but what if he allowed it sometimes? I know that in my own life, I have seen my share of troubles. I have endured some things that I would not wish upon my worst enemy, and those very things make me praise the Lord! He will not give us more than what we can handle and He is always there to guide us, if we will only listen and obey. Let me give you some examples out of my own life.

My parents died when I was very young. I was 8 when my dad died and 12 when my mom died. The death of a parent is a horrific thing for a child to go through, but to go through it twice?? I rebeled. I smoked, drank, partied.... and yet, God protected me. He had a plan for my life and unfortuneatly there were things that needed to happen first. I still believe that this made me strong. The next 5 -6 years made me even stronger. But during those years, I had met people who would be extremely important in my life...for the rest of my life, thus far. And I may have never met them otherwise. These people have provided the love and support that only parents can give. In fact, I'm sure that my real parents would approve of them completely. They are each so much like my real parents, respectively. They taught me love, discipline and more strength and helped to build the foundation in my life, even after I was grown. And it has been those 'adoptive' parents who have helped me through a great deal of struggles in my adult life.

As a child, I did not realize all of this was going on, of course. In fact, I was well into adulthood before I came back to God ( in part, thanks to my adoptive mom ). It was then that I looked back on my life and fell to the floor praising the Lord. He had brought me through so much. So many times I couldv'e died from the choices I had made. So many times my life could've really gone in a down spiral, but God protected me. He was molding me, shaping me, like the Master Potter that He is.

This strength, HIS strength, has gotten me through legal matters and through my own son being kidnapped by his father. It is now getting me through my other son's bipolar disorder. You see, God doesn't deliever us FROM many things, but He delivers us THROUGH them. Like a piece of steel being made into a beautiful sword blade, we too, must endure the heat and flames. Sometimes we must endure a beating and just when we feel that we can not take it anymore, the heat cools, the flames disappear and the beating turns into a polishing cloth. We are stronger, we are more beautiful and it is all because of Gods molding.

So the next time you think that you are at your wits end and that you can not possibly keep going - look up. Look up to God and then fall upon your knees and praise Him and know that His strength is yours, if you will only accept it. His grace and mercy is much more than we deserve but it is ours for the taking. All we need to do is accept His son, Jesus Christ. And then it's a simple matter of following Him. Jesus took away our weakness, our self-doubt, our fear, our regret, our shame... He took it ALL! We are to be the light in the darkness. And I pary that you, too, know this Light. That you know the peace that only the Son of God can provide. If you need help in this, if you have never accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and want to know more, please do not hesitate to contact me. ( aimoore2007@yahoo.com )

No comments: