TripleClicks

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Love Him & be saved!

Todays passage is Psalms 18:1-3:

“I will love thee O’Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust, my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from my enemies.”

This time is not easy for many people, in fact, most people are having struggles and difficulties in these times of economic distress and worldly upheaval. Hallelujah! There's one that we can always rely on - our Heavenly Father!

Often times I think of things between me and God as they are between myself and my children. For children, especially when they are very young, the parent is almighty. They give thier children strength to do difficult tasks, they keep them safe from harm and in a child eyes, they are worthy of praise. Of course sometimes when teenage-hood hits, this isn't as readily admitted by those same children, but just wait until they are grown, they'll admit it again.

Just as we want to be there for our children, God is there for us. Just as we encourage our children and hold thier hand when things get scary or rough, God holds His hand out to us as well - and we don't have to only hold it then, it's always there! As parents you want all the world for your children. You don't ever want any harm to come to them, though you know it's inevitable. Since you know that it's part of our earthly humanity to face hardships, we simply must stand beside our children and be strong even when they are not. This is how our Heavenly Father is too, only He's even more reliable and trustworthy.

Unfortunatly, in this world, we see many children without the love, strength and support of even one parent, let alone two, but even they can have all that they would ever need in God. We never have to worry if He will be able to come through on a promise or if He'll be there in case we fall. He will always come through because we learn that His Word does not return void. This means that He does not lie.

You say that you don't physically hear his voice booming from the sky? That's okay, neither do I. In fact I think few people would believe anyone heard God in this manner, though He is certainly capable of making that happen! Instead, you must listen to that still small voice, often times called your conscious. You have to read His Word and then claim the promises within as your own! The Bible is His biggest way to communicate with us today, if we'd only take the time to read it and listen to what He has to say.

No comments: