TripleClicks

Friday, November 7, 2008

I need prayer....

There is something very serious that has entered my mind, time and time again. I really want to quit my job and be a stay-at-home mom. The urge is growing stronger. I know that if I had more time to work my AVON business I could make a lot more money than I am making right now, but it would take time and , initially, money. But I KNOW that I could do it. By staying home, there is actually a LOT that I could accomplish. I have been working on my family genealogy for a couple years now and , lately, have really fallen behind on adding new info and researching. I also began homeschooling my oldest son a couple months ago, which has proven quite difficult when I work 40 hrs a week too. My daughter doesn't go to school until after I leave for work and this has been a problem a couple of times because she has fallen back to sleep and missed school. I also feel that when the weekend rolls around, I am often overwhelmed by all the "catch-up" house work I have to do and I don't get to really enjoy the weekend or the time with my kids and husband.

So, I would be able to work with my son, make sure my daughter gets to and from school, have housework done daily, work on my genealogy project and still bring in an income through AVON. If I made myself a schedule for homeschooling, AVON and my project, I could accomplish it all easily. Homeschooling would a couple hours each day, and then I could alternate days between AVON and the Family tree. Or insteadof alternating, maybe it would be better to take one day for the genealogy and the rest for AVON. I could canvass neighborhoods, drop off books at businesses, talk to people about the AVON opportunity and build my downline.

But, I also know that my husband would be opposed to this. The only way this could be possible is if it was what God was wanting for me and He prepared my husband's heart and mind. I would even work a couple days at my mom's restaurant, if she needed the help, but she doesn't, I don't think.

So, this is why I need prayer. I need clarity from God, if this is an idea from Him. If He's the one telling me that I can make a real go of AVON and still be there for my children and such or if it's the enemy trying to trick me into a long hard road. I know that God would be there for me even if it was the enemy, but my husband would not agree to let me do this. I need to know.....

No comments: