TripleClicks

Monday, April 9, 2012

Because of the cross....

Easter is Every Day!


Christ also suffered. He died once for the sins of all is guilty sinners, although he himself was innocent of any sin at any time, that he might bring us safely home to God. But though his body died, his spirit lived on.

- 1 Peter 3:18 TLB


The Same Christ who walked the earth 2000 years ago.


The Same Christ who performed miracles, healed the sick, and cast out demons.


The same Christ who loved the unlovable.


The same Christ who forgave the sinner.


The same Christ who taught His disciples.


The same Christ who was unjustly despised and convicted.


The same Christ who hung dying on a cross one dark and terrible Friday.


The same Christ who rose from the dead three days later.


This same Christ is in the world today.


BECAUSE OF THE VICTORY OF THE CROSS,


THE JOY OF EASTER IS EVERY DAY.


From "Because of the Cross" by Beverly Courrege



I read this today and it really struck a cord with me. The holidays are not usually a good time for me. Anything that generally means a time for families to gather is usually a time that the enemy uses against me and I become depressed and then I feel guilty because I did not set a very good example. Oh yes, satan tends to have a field day with me! I do not have much family around, my youngest child lives several hundred miles away with his father, my other two children tend to spend the day at their paternal grandparents and often, my husband works. So while I look around and see families gathering for a special breakfast and activities and later a beautiful dinner, I am usually alone. This Easter was no different for me. I spent the day lying around with just the cats & dogs to keep me company for most of the day. By the time others were around, I was in such a funk I just couldn't shake it. And then, of course, came the guilt. I didn't get my kids ( teenagers! ) an Easter basket, I didn't get up before the sun and cook a breakfast for my husband, I didn't have the energy to cook an elaborate dinner ( which would've given us way too many leftovers!), you name it, I felt guilty about it. Then it dawned on me - guilt and condemnation is not from God, my loving and caring Father, but instead it is from my enemy, satan. Ohhh I was so mad at satan when I finally had this epiphany! Then I read this passage. I can celebrate the fact that Jesus died, defeated satan and rose again for me any & every day! There's no need to wait for one special day! Oh how sweet my Jesus is! So even as I was wretched with guilt, God had a plan to show me otherwise. A quick trip to the store today will find me gathering candy for the kids ( at 1/2 price no doubt!) and the devil is under my feet once again!



No comments: