TripleClicks

Friday, April 20, 2012

I Took Your Place...

   One Sunday morning there was a vistitor at the local church. He pulled into a parking spot and got out of his car. Another car pulled up behind him and the church member behind the wheel spoke, " That's where I park. You took my place." This was disappointing to the guest, but he continued on inside. Upon entering the sanctuary, the guest found a spot near the front of the room and took a seat. A woman approached him a few minutes later, " That's where I sit. You took my place." The guest said not a word, but looked back to the front and awaited for the preacher. After the sermon, this guest stood and walked to the front of the congregation. He held his hands out away from his body and slowly wounds appeared in his hands and upon his sandaled feet. Someone asked, "What happened to you?". It was about this time that the hat he wore began to turn into a crown of thorns and finally the guest spoke, " I took your place.".